Friday Five – Joy

9 Jul

Things that are making me smile:

  • The pants I made for the Turtle, which he seems to love. They’re made from an old t-shirt belonging to the hubby and very very soft. And if you’re not a complete fool (like me), you can make them in little more than an hour. Give them a go. Dana is a genius. And now my son has pants that don’t fall down when he’s nappy-less.
  • Finally, finally, being fully unpacked. Even the boxes of “crap” are empty now. And our photos are up. Things feel like home.
  • My sewing room. I no longer have to gather everything up when I want to curse and swear at my machine, ending up with a big pile of ruined fabric and knotted thread whip something up and put it away afterwards dejected.
  • Lemon chicken. Utter deliciousness. (Cut up some chicken breasts, lightly beat an egg add it to the chicken with some slices of garlic and unwaxed lemon rind. Marinate for 10-15 minutes. Remove the lemon rind. Add a teaspoon of cornstarch and mix it together. Heat some oil in a frying pan and fry the chicken. When it’s almost done add the juice of one lemon. Ta daaa! Deliciousness!)
  • The prospect of more “family time”. The hubby’s new job involves shifts with some kind of complicated two day on – two days off – four days on – four days off  madness. But, looking at the calendar, it looks like we will have more time together this way. And with this new job, there’s no real chance of him being deployed!
Advertisements

One Response to “Friday Five – Joy”

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

  1. Meal Plan « Turtleturtleturtle's Blog - July 18, 2010

    […] a Chinese one, a stirfry one, a pasta one and a crockpot one. And there are some winners in there. Lemon chicken, for example. Still though, usually I only have 90% of the ingredients. The other 10% make me […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: